International Kissing Day is Celebrated on 6 July !
Since the beginning of humankind, kissing has played a crucial role in social bonding. From a French kiss to a more formal one on the cheek, a kiss is a way to say hello and goodbye. While kissing is considered a romantic gesture, it is not just about that. Its significance extends beyond just romance.
If kissing is that important, it makes you think, is there a national kiss day? International Kissing Day is a perfect excuse to grab your particular person and give them a lovely smooch. You can also send them Kissing Day Quotes.
What Day is International Kissing Day?
Not all lovers are living close. There are some examples of long-distance relationships. In this case, a Kissing Day Text can make your loved ones feel special. That makes you wonder when is national kiss day? Usually, the day is celebrated on July 6, while we can’t stop you if you want to smack a kiss any other day. This national kiss your crush day is celebrated, so people are reminded of the real value of kissing between friends, lovers, family, and even pets.
What’s the Goal of International Kissing Day?
Though we know the History of International Kissing Day, we still don’t understand the purpose of kissing day. In general terms, the day is supposed to bring people closer, not just lovers. The main idea was to remind people of the simple pleasures associated with kissing. The meaning behind kissing is way more profound than a mere social formality. Kissing is an enjoyable experience in itself and is meant to express love and intimacy.
History of International Kissing Day:
You can thank Romans for this beautiful tradition we call international kissing day. They were ones who started the practice in Europe way back in time. On top of starting this beautiful bonding ritual, they divided it into Osculum, Basium, and Savium. Osculum is what we call a friendly peck on the cheek, Basium is our favorite lip kiss and Savium are the most passionate way of kissing straight to the mouth. Roman’s way of kissing showed their social standing in the community.
About the term French kiss, it came to be known after an American & British serviceman witnessed Gallic women engaging in the practice more gallantly than their American or British counterparts. So even though French weren’t ones to participate in French kissing, their amorous enthusiasm was the cause of the credit.
Nowadays, French kissing is so popular that Japanese researchers invented the French kissing machine that lets separated couples connect through straw-like device working via the computer.
International Kissing Day Quotes:
1. Make me immortal with a kiss. (Christopher Marlowe)
2. A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. (Ingrid Bergman)
3. One of the most wonderful gifts that you can give to the one you love is a loving kiss. Happy Kiss Day!
4. My star your hugs and kisses are like the stars that light up my life, my whole world when it gets dark. Happy Kiss Day!
5. If you are ever in doubt as to whether to kiss a pretty girl, Always give her the benefit of the doubt. Thomas Carlyle
Kissing in Different Cultures:
As mentioned before in the article, kissing is not just a romantic gesture. Some kiss as a greeting and some to signal kinship. Parents love giving their little ones loving kisses as do grandparents to their grandchildren. Friends love tender kisses on cheeks to show they care for each other.
People around the world celebrate by wishing each other happy international kissing day. Every country has its way of celebrating, and different cultures have different customs too. Here’s are some exciting ways people around the world like to share international kissing day messages.
1. In Greece and Italy, it is common practice for both men and women to kiss each other on the lips to greet one another.
2. While in France, it is a custom to air kiss each other on the cheek for greeting.
3. However, the cutest customs are of Pacific Islanders, they call is Eskimo kisses. It is the practice of rubbing each other’s noses together and take in each other’s breath.
4. Vietnamese are more reserved people. They like to keep kissing between spouses private.
5. China and Japan adopt a similar attitude.
6. Netherlanders choose to kiss three times as a form of greeting.
How to Celebrate International Kissing Day?
Are you wondering about the international kiss day celebration? Though it seems simple enough, it is quite complicated as well. The following paragraph will clarify what you have to do this kiss day other than sending some Kissing Day Text.
- Give Someone You Love A Kiss: the basics of the basics. Kissing is the simplest way to express your love to your significant other, your mother, your kids, or your best friend.
- Happy Kiss Day perfect for Hershey’s Kisses: when it comes to celebrating International Kissing Day, Hershey’s Kisses are just perfect. Did you know Hershey’s Kisses were named after chocolate’s sound when it’s dropping onto the conveyer belt? Simply romantic!
- Kiss Everyone Hello: you are going to meet many people on international kissing day 2021, and kissing both cheeks is a standard greeting in many cultures. Try it out when you meet your friends and colleagues.
The Do’s and Don’ts National Kiss Your Crush Day:
So, we understand the basics of the international kissing day are promoting the beautiful boding ritual of kissing. However, you definitely can’t go around kissing everyone everywhere. So, here are some dos and don’ts of How to celebrate International Kissing Day:
- Ask for consent: Of course, your technique matters but not when you are making your partner feel awkward. Remember to ask your partner first before planting a smacker on their lips.
- Know your limits: kissing is an expression of love and intimacy, but there’s a difference between a couple kissing and kissing between friends. Those familiar with each other are fine with a simple peck on the cheek to spread the love. At the same time, your partner might expect a more passionate kiss.
- Lip Kissing isn’t the only option: I know you think traditional kissing is all you need, but we encourage you to try different things on this International Kissing Day. Move away from lips and try opting for a forehead-kiss instead.
Did You Know?
Kissing can burn up to 6.4 calories per minute. It certainly beats working out at the gym. Moreover, Kissing stimulates our brain and release feel-good chemicals. Kissing makes the person being kissed calm and excited.
Also, Kissing is an excellent way to communicate complex emotions. Without having to put in a lot of words, exchange your feeling with kissing your partner.
National Kiss a Ginger Day will be celebrated on January 12, 2021