New Year Day:
New Year day is observed on 1st January every year. It’s the start of the new year according to the Gregorian calendar. In most countries, this day is a public holiday.
What to do on New Year?
New Year’s Day’s celebration varies in different cultures this concept of New Year’s Eve. Some of the New Year’s Traditions include:
In Spain, there is a tradition of eating twelve grapes at midnight of the New Year. They believe that this will bring good luck & new year blessing throughout the year, and even if it does not do that, you can probably start the year with the enriching taste of grapes, and that’s not a bad deal.
There is a tradition of standing on the chair in Denmark and jumping down from it into January. People there believe that doing this can bring good luck to the coming year. Another exciting tradition observed in Colombia is that people carry empty suitcases with them on a stroll. Doing this, they believe, will bring the new year with a lot of traveling.
There is a tradition of hitting a peppermint pig in New York with a candy-sized hammer and eating whatever comes out. The people believe that this will bring joy and pleasure in the coming year.
Have you ever thought about how good luck will enter and bad luck will be eliminated from your house? The people of the Philippines did. They believe that if they keep a door open in the new year, the entire bad luck from the previous year will get eliminated from the house, and good luck for the coming year will enter the house.
There is another hilarious tradition on New Year’s Day. In America, people believe that you have to be careful about the color of the underwear that you’re going to wear on New Year. The color of the underwear will determine next year. If you wear yellow and green color underwear, it symbolizes wealth, which means that you will earn a lot in the upcoming year. Similarly, red symbolizes love, and white is the color of peace.
Another very famous tradition of New Year is making a New Year’s Resolution. This is to make one’s life better. There is also a tradition of celebrating this day with friends and family, especially with parents and or prayer for the new year. A Happy New Year with Parents gets even more happy and joyous.
New Year Gift Ideas:
Another important and famous tradition of New Year is exchanging gifts. Most people believe that by saying happy new year greeting will bring good luck. These gifts may include a bouquet, a basket full of chocolates, a decorating box, and much more. Siblings and sisters often exchange gifts on this day and wish each other by saying Happy New Year Sisters or Happy New Year Brothers.
Happy New Year Greetings & New Year Wishes 2021:
New year greetings cards and Happy New Year’s wishes also would play a significant role. These happy new year sayings include prayers and blessings for the coming year. Some people exchange happy new year quotes through cards and other wishing notes. Following are some best new year wishes quotes.
- Happy New Year! Let’s toast to yesterday’s achievements and tomorrow’s bright future.
- Wishing a very Happy New Year to the one who adds sunshine to our family.
- May the new year bring all the good things in life you truly deserve. You had an amazing year already and you’re going to have another more amazing one!
- Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a Happy New Year. May peace, love, and prosperity follow you always.
- Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
- An optimist stays up till midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
- My only wish for this New Year is that I want to love you more than ever, take care of you more than ever and make you happier more than ever. Happy new year!
- Since we’re going into a new year, I’d like to tell you all that it’s only because of you that I’m living my life to its fullest. I wish you all a Happy New Year.
- A New Year has tiptoed in. Let’s go forward and meet it together!
- “I don’t care if we have our house, or a cliff ledge, or a cardboard box. Home is wherever we all are, together.”
- Your presence in my life is like an open door that welcomes happiness and joy in abundance. I have never felt so alive before. Happy new year 2021!
- “Every day I feel it is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Everything is beautiful.”
- Years will come and go, but my love for you will always be the same. It will never stop to grow as long as there is a tomorrow. Happy New Year!
- You made last year so special for me. It is my greatest wish that this coming year is special for you.
- I am so proud of you my little ones, here’s to another year of precious moments.
- New is the year, new are the hopes, new is the resolution, new are the spirits, and new are my warm wishes just for you. Have a promising and fulfilling New Year!
- Although we may have our ups and downs, I know we will always support each other. Here’s to another year and our wonderful family!
- May all failures, sorrow, and troubles stay behind in the passing year. And may they leave a lot of room in your life for laughter and happiness. Happy New Year, my love!
New year wishes for friends and family may include Happy New Year, wishing you a year filled with health and prosperity, and much more. You can also use these new year messages and send you friends on phone as sms.
When is Lunar New Year?
Lunar New Year is the start of a new year according to the Lunar calendar. This is celebrated in China and can be observed on 12th February in 2021. Do some people also wonder when does Chinese New Year-end? This year the Chinese New Year will end on 26th February. From 12th to 26th, China’s people will celebrate their new year with full enthusiasm and excitement.
How to say Happy New Year in different languages
happy new year in Chinese – 新年快乐 ( Xīnnián kuàilè )
happy new year in Spanish – Feliz año nuevo
happy new year in French – bonne année
happy new year in Japanese – 明けましておめでとうございます
happy new year in Hebrew – שנה טובה
happy new year in German – Frohes neues Jahr
happy new year in Italian – felice anno nuovo