National Best Friends Day is Celebrated on June 8 !
Things change, relationships fall out, but best friends are forever! As someone wise once said that the best friends are those who always stick together.
There is no limit to how many friends you can make, but there is only one best friend. The one person who stood with you through thick and thin. This person knows when you need his shoulder to cry on and when a whack on the head lets you know you’ve done something wrong. This is how our one true best friend keeps his place secure in our life.
A best friend is closest to your heart, and someone you know will be there when you need them — someone who’s been trustworthy, genuine, and kind to you. Through national best friends day, you can let them know how much you appreciate them. You can express your gratitude with national best friends day quotes or wishes. So, what day are best friends days? If you keep reading this article, you’ll find that out in just a moment.
When Is National Best Friends Day?
Back in 1935, the US Congress saw the need to devote one day entirely to friendship. They thought this lighthearted, super fun, and the down-right excellent relationship deserves a day of its own to be recognized and celebrated. Thus, on 8 June every year friends near or far, old or new pay homage to their one best friend with best friends greetings and so much more. Make sure you have let your best friend know how you love and care about them on this beautiful best friends day.
Why’s There A Need to Say “Happy Best Friends”?
According to a Mayo Clinic report, friends help get-through several severe traumas. You could be suffering after a bad divorce, losing a job, some serious illness, or even death from a close relative, but friends can handle everything.
Friends are the people who support you, encourage you to move on, and warn you against harmful things. Like, usually people get in bad habits due to these traumas, one example is excessive drinking.
Your best friend was there for you through everything, and he/she never failed to get you up when you fell. Hence, a day to celebrate a little one-on-one time with your genuine best friend is already overdue. Shower them with warmest, sweetest, and touching best friends day wishes and best friends day memes. So, they’ll know you’ve noticed what they’ve been doing for you all this time.
What to Do on National Best Friends Day?
You now understand why you need to celebrate your best friends day, but what are you going to do on that particular day? We are here to solve that problem. Look at the fun activities we have complied with to enjoy the best times with your best friend.
- Watch a Movie: classic of them all! Rent a movie,
- Microwave some quick to make popcorn,
- Invite your best friend over to have a great time together.
If you need suggestions on which movie to watch; here are some ‘best friends’ videos:
- Nine to Five (1980)
- Withnail & I (1987)
- Beaches (1988)
- Cinema Paradiso (1998)
- A Room for Romeo Brass (1999)
- Ghost World (2001)
- Superbad (2007)
- Bridesmaids (2011)
Share Best Friends Greetings, Wishes, Quotes:
When you hit social media to greet your best friend, you kill two birds with one stone. For example, it’ll help spread awareness of the not-so-official holiday. You can use hashtags like: #nationalbestfriendday, #NBF, #bff and #besties.
- Excuse me for interrupting your day, but I just want a moment to tell you how awesome you really are!
- I was jus sitting here thinking of you that makes me smile!
- A smile is a sign of joy,
A hug is a sign of love,
A laugh is a sign of happiness & a friend like me… well.. that’s a sign of good taste.
- A true friend is someone who knows how crazy you are but is still willing to be seen in public with you.
- There is no distance between best friends for friendship gives wings to the heart.
- Best Friends make the good times better and the hard times easier.
- Anyone can have a friend, but the one that would walk in a storn to find you is all you will ever need.
- The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.
- The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
- Friendship is like a favorite book with no ending. Your every adventure will stay on these pages forever, and you never know what will happen next. Isn’t it the most exciting thing in the world?
Have a Picnic: If you don’t want to spend time at home, going to a park is the best alternative. Have a picnic with a friend who made your life as peaceful as the scenery in the open space with excellent weather.
Make a Collage: In this day and age of modern techno devices, taking and storing tons of pictures is no big deal. You also must have a few fun images; these pictures are enjoyable moments you shared with your best friend. Make a collage of all those ecstatic times and share them on social media. Don’t forget to tag your best friend with a caption: “happy national best friends day,” so they’ll know you’ve savored every moment.
Give them a Call: your best friend might no longer live near you. But it is never too late to pick up the phone and give him/her a call. Wish your best friend a happy best friend day and catch up on life.
Well, these are all the ideas we could come up with. What do you enjoy doing the most with your best friend? Let us know via comments so we can collect more fun ideas to enjoy national best friends day.